@theredd Hip Hop Encounter Interview
1) Where are you from originally?
I was born and raised and live on the west side of Chicago.
2) What’s a typical day like for you?
Work, work and more work, then some mind expansion 😉
3) What was your favorite musical project to work on so far and why?
So far, my favorite has been “Fire” because it was out of my element.
4) What are some downsides to the change in the music industry and accessibility to record labels etc. to emerging musicians?
I believe that the downside is the music programs that are available. People are taking samples of others, so there is no real musicianship needed. The programs make it too easy for everyone to consider themselves a musician.
5) Are you open to working with other genres besides Hip Hop? If yes, why?
Yes! Because music cannot be put into a box. I also love R&B.
6) Which artists do you hate being compared to?
All of them.
7) If we gave you $20,000 right now, how would you spend it?
$10,000 would be put away. The other $10,000 would go towards my music career.
8) If you could give a piece of advice to someone trying to follow your footsteps, what would you tell them?
These are some big shoes to fill. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it will either break you or make you.
9) What are your projects for 2012? Any resolutions?
I will complete the album “Get It In Blood” and the mix tape “No Turn On Redd”. My resolution is to be able to spend more time working on my music.
10) Where can we find you online?
President| I AM PR Agency, LLC
‘We Are The Key To Your Success”