**interview courtesy of I Am PR Agency, LLC
1) Where are you from originally?
Washington DC. Born and raised until I moved to NYC around 2008.
2) What’s a typical day like for you?
A typical day for me is practicing guitar, then recording some songs, and spending all night mixing them down.
3) What was your favorite musical project to work on so far and why?
I’m working on some new songs, exploring the hip hop/rock mix further. I like it because it expands me musically and I get to experiment more often.
4) What are some downsides to the change in the music industry and accessibility to record labels etc. to emerging musicians?
I don’t really see a downside. I just think artists need to educate themselves on business and how to stand out from the noise.
5) Are you open to working with other genres besides Hip Hop? If yes, why?
Of course, I am not really hip hop anyways so y’know.
6) Which artists do you hate being compared to?
Um, I am always being called a mini Kanye. I don’t think I’m anything like him though …
7) If we gave you $20,000 right now, how would you spend it?
The same way I already spend that kind of money – marketing and advertising my music. I’d use all of it to start a grassroots campaign for this new EP I have coming out.
8) If you could give a piece of advice to someone trying to follow your footsteps, what would you tell them?
I would tell them to make sure they read some books. Knowledge is power!
9) What are your projects for 2012? Any resolutions?
I have a new EP coming soon called #TheRoadToAmericana, which I will release on Facebook.
10) Where can we find you online?